lemon chicken soup with orzo
lemon chicken soup with orzo | chicken aeasy dinners, chicken ovens chicken cooking, chicken families, chicken soysauce, chicken crockpot, chicken easy recipes, chicken dinners, chicken sauces, chicken lowcarb, chicken families, chicken crockpot, chicken olive oils, chicken lowcarb, chicken glutenfree, chicken dinners, chicken families, chicken stirfry, chicken recipesfor, chicken greek yogurt, chicken sour cream, chicken meals, chicken green onions, chicken comfort foods, chicken products, chicken hot sauces, chicken ovens, chicken healthy, chicken bread crumbs, chicken red peppers, chicken white wines, chicken simple, chicken veggies, chicken blackbeans, chicken garlic, chicken brown rice, chicken low carb, chicken crock pot, chicken easy recipes, chicken gluten free, chicken dinners, chicken soy sauce, chicken week night meals, chicken crock pot, chicken low car #chickenrecipes #bakedchicken #chickenthighs #butterchicken #crockpotchicken #chickenhealthy #chickenenchiladas #chickenparmesan #chickencasserole #chickenandrice #chickenpasta #chickeneasy #chickendinner #orangechicken #chickenpiccata #chickenmarsala #chickenmarinade #chickenspaghetti #lemonchicken #teriyakichicken #chickenpotpie #chickenfajitas #ranchchicken #chickenalfredo #friedchicken #chickentenders #chickensalad #chickentacos #shreddedchicken #slowcookerchicken #bbqchicken #grilledchicken #chickenwings #chickensoup #stuffedchicken #chickenchili #wholechicken
lemon chicken soup with orzo
I just made this in the instant pot but used parboiled rice as I can’t have gluten! I sauteed the veggies, added the broth and chicken, then did low pressure for 12 min with release after 10 min of resting (I hope that makes sense? I mean to say I let the steam out 10 minutes after the pressure cooking cycle finished). I’m sick and this was the perfect thing for today. Added the egg and lemon at the very end.
Recipes adapted from : closetcooking.com
- 8–10 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup DeLallo whole wheat orzo
- half of an onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-ish cups cooked chicken (I use shredded rotisserie chicken)
- lots of freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- as much fresh dill as you can handle
- 3 eggs
- juice of 3–4 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
- a handful of fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Frist, Base: Heat large soup pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil. Add the carrots, onion, and , garlic. Saute until fragrant and tender, about 10 minutes. (Be careful not to burn the garlic.)
- Then, Orzo: Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Add the orzo and cook for a few minutes until softened. Stir in the chicken and remove from heat.
- Next, Eggs: Whisk the eggs and lemon juice together in a small bowl. The idea here is to warm up the egg mixture slowly (without scrambling the eggs). Slowly add a scoop of the soup into the egg mixture. Then add your warmed egg mixture back to the soup pot – slowly, slowly, slowly, stirring constantly, until smooth and creamy.
- Final touches: Finish by stirring in your spinach, salt, pepper, and dill and adjust seasonings to taste!
- Enjoy It !!!