INSTANT POT LEMON CHICKEN WITH GARLIC
INSTANT POT LEMON CHICKEN WITH GARLIC | chicken aeasy dinners, chicken ovens chicken cooking, chicken families, chicken soysauce, chicken crockpot, chicken easy recipes, chicken dinners, chicken sauces, chicken lowcarb, chicken families, chicken crockpot, chicken olive oils, chicken lowcarb, chicken glutenfree, chicken dinners, chicken families, chicken stirfry, chicken recipesfor, chicken greek yogurt, chicken sour cream, chicken meals, chicken green onions, chicken comfort foods, chicken products, chicken hot sauces, chicken ovens, chicken healthy, chicken bread crumbs, chicken red peppers, chicken white wines, chicken simple, chicken veggies, chicken blackbeans, chicken garlic, chicken brown rice, chicken low carb, chicken crock pot, chicken easy recipes, chicken gluten free, chicken dinners, chicken soy sauce, chicken week night meals, chicken crock pot, chicken low car #chickenrecipes #bakedchicken #chickenthighs #butterchicken #crockpotchicken #chickenhealthy #chickenenchiladas #chickenparmesan #chickencasserole #chickenandrice #chickenpasta #chickeneasy #chickendinner #orangechicken #chickenpiccata #chickenmarsala #chickenmarinade #chickenspaghetti #lemonchicken #teriyakichicken #chickenpotpie #chickenfajitas #ranchchicken #chickenalfredo #friedchicken #chickentenders #chickensalad #chickentacos #shreddedchicken #slowcookerchicken #bbqchicken #grilledchicken #chickenwings #chickensoup #stuffedchicken #chickenchili #wholechicken
INSTANT POT LEMON CHICKEN WITH GARLIC
We make this every week! My picky eaters even lick their bowls clean, thank you!
Recipes adapted from : therecipecritic.com
- Chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices for garnish , if desired
- 4 garlic cloves sliced or
- 3 Tablespoons butter (swap with ghee for paleo OR Whole30)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- zest of half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes optional or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream OR coconut cream
- 6-8 boneless chicken thighs , skinless or with skin*
- 1/3 cup homemade or low sodium chicken broth **PLEASE SEE NOTES BELOW
- Instant Pot I have the 6 Quart Instant Pot DUO
- OR Cast Iron Skillet
- Frist, Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and chili flakes.
- To cook in the Instant Pot:
- Press the Sauté function (Normal setting) on the Instant Pot and add the olive oil to the pot. (I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot DUO)
- Next, Place chicken in the Instant Pot and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. This helps to seal in the juices and keep it tender. (You may have to work in batches depending on the size and amount of chicken you are using). Once browned, remove from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Melt butter in Instant Pot and stir in the onions and garlic. Add lemon juice to deglaze pan and cook for 1 minute. Add Italian seasoning, lemon zest, and chicken broth.
- Place the chicken back into the Instant Pot, lock the lid, and turn the valve to SEALING.
- Then, Select the Manual (older models) or Pressure Cook (newer models) button and adjust the timer to 7 minutes.
- It will take about 5-10 minutes to come to pressure and start counting down.
- When done, release the pressure after 2 minutes, then remove your Instant Pot lid.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot using tongs and set aside on a large serving plate. Stir in heavy cream (if using) into the Instant Pot. If you like your sauce thicker - you can thicken with a cornstarch slurry (if not low carb) or arrowroot starch slurry (or xanthan gum) by mixing 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch (arrowroot starch) mixed with 1 teaspoon cold water). Press off and turn Instant Pot to SAUTE function. Cook and allow the sauce to bubble and thicken. Turn off and add chicken back to the Instant Pot to coat with sauce. Spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with your favorite sides and garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
To cook on the stove:
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat add olive and cook for 4-5 on each side, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees. Transfer browned chicken to plate and set aside.
- Return pan back to heat and melt butter. Stir in onion and garlic. Add lemon juice to deglaze the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add Italian seasoning, lemon zest, and chicken broth. Stir in heavy cream [if you like your sauce thicker - you can thicken with a cornstarch slurry (if not low carb) or arrowroot starch slurry (or xanthan gum) by mixing 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch (arrowroot starch) mixed with 1 teaspoon cold water].
- Once the sauce has bubbled and thickened up slightly, add the chicken back into the pan until hot. Spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with your favorite sides and garnish with lemon slices, if desired.