Instant Pot Balsamic Chicken
Our Best Chicken Soup Recipes | chicken animal honey garlic chicken, greek chicken, chicken stirfry, roasted chicken, chicken backyard, chicken curry, chicken tetrazzini, Tuscan chicken, chicken cordonbleu, balsamic chicken, pesto chicken, breaded chicken, sheet pan chicken, keto chicken, chicken strips, chicken drumsticks, chicken broccoli, chicken mushroom, chicken breast recipes, chicken drawing, chicken illustration, chicken art, chicken bacon, creamy chicken, chicken sandwich, chicken videos, chicken cartoon, chicken nuggets, Italian chicken, skillet chicken, Mexican chicken, chicken noodle, pulled chicken, chicken photography, chickenspinach, chickenwraps, chickenstew, chickenlogo, chicken aproducts, chicken alaking, chicken acomfort foods, chicken arice, chicken ameals, chicken alowcarb, chicken agluten free, chickenarecipe, chickenadishes, chickenahealthy #buffalochicken #chickencoop #chickenanimal #honeygarlicchicken #greekchicken #chickenstirfry #roastedchicken #chickenbackyard #chickencurry #chickentetrazzini #tuscanchicken #chickencordonbleu #balsamicchicken #pestochicken #breadedchicken #sheetpanchicken #ketochicken #chickenstrips #chickendrumsticks #chickenbroccoli #chickenmushroom #chickenbreastrecipes #chickendrawing #chickenillustration #chickenart #chickenbacon #creamychicken #chickensandwich #chickenvideos #chickencartoon #chickennuggets #italianchicken #skilletchicken #mexicanchicken #chickennoodle #pulledchicken #chickenphotography #chickenspinach #chickenwraps #chickenstew #chickenlogo #chickenaproducts
Instant Pot Balsamic Chicken
Recipes adapted from :
- black pepper, as needed for seasoning
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, (114g) seeded and 1/2-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, (3g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, (15ml)
- 1 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, (680g, 4 pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, (60ml)
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme, (2g)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, (5g)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, (66g) 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken broth, (120ml)
- Frist Trim any excess fat and skin from the chicken thighs. Dry with paper towels and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Press the "Saute" button on the Instant Pot. Press "Adjust" and select "More" setting. Once the display says "Hot", add the olive oil and allow to heat.
- Then Once the oil is hot add the chicken skin side down. Saute without moving the chicken until it is golden in color, 7 minutes. Flip chicken over and cook 2 minutes. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Add onions and tomatoes, saute until tender, 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and thyme, stir to combine. Add chicken to the pot. Place lid on Instant Pot and close. Make sure the steam release handle is positioned to "sealing". Press the "Keep Warm/ Cancel" button.
- Select the "manual" setting on "high pressure". Use the "- or +" button to adjust the time to 10 minutes.
- Next It will take some time (about 10 minutes) for the pot to gather steam and pressurize. You may see some traces of steam exit from the float valve as it is pressurizing.
- Once the display indicates "On" and begins the countdown at "10", and beeps when the cycle is complete.
- Next Cover your hand with an oven mitt or towel to carefully quick release the pressure from the pot, sliding the steam release handle to the "Venting" position, releasing all of the steam until the float valve drops down. Carefully open the lid. Press the "Keep Warm/ Cancel" button.
- Transfer chicken skin side up to a foil-lined sheet tray. Broil the chicken on high about 12-inches from the top of the oven to crisp the skin, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, press "saute" on the "more" setting. Simmer and stir until sauce is reduced and thickened, 8 to 9 minutes. The sauce should be reduced to about 3/4 cup.
- Taste sauce and season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve sauce with chicken and garnish with parsley.
- Enjoy, friends.