Greek Lemon Chicken Soup Recipe
Made this for dinner tonight and it turned out fantastic. I was a little worried due to the simplicity of the ingredients. However, everyone loved it. I only changed two things. I made my chicken in an instant pot so it would shred a bit easier for me, and I added 1 carton of chicken bone broth along with chicken stock. I also added a small squirt of lemon juice. So so good!
Greek Lemon Chicken Soup Recipe | chicken animal honey garlic chicken, greek chicken, chicken stirfry, roasted chicken, chicken backyard, chicken curry, chicken tetrazzini, Tuscan chicken, chicken cordonbleu, balsamic chicken, pesto chicken, breaded chicken, sheet pan chicken, keto chicken, chicken strips, chicken drumsticks, chicken broccoli, chicken mushroom, chicken breast recipes, chicken drawing, chicken illustration, chicken art, chicken bacon, creamy chicken, chicken sandwich, chicken videos, chicken cartoon, chicken nuggets, Italian chicken, skillet chicken, Mexican chicken, chicken noodle, pulled chicken, chicken photography, chickenspinach, chickenwraps, chickenstew, chickenlogo, chicken aproducts, chicken alaking, chicken acomfort foods, chicken arice, chicken ameals, chicken alowcarb, chicken agluten free, chickenarecipe, chickenadishes, chickenahealthy #buffalochicken #chickencoop #chickenanimal #honeygarlicchicken #greekchicken #chickenstirfry #roastedchicken #chickenbackyard #chickencurry #chickentetrazzini #tuscanchicken #chickencordonbleu #balsamicchicken #pestochicken #breadedchicken #sheetpanchicken #ketochicken #chickenstrips #chickendrumsticks #chickenbroccoli #chickenmushroom #chickenbreastrecipes #chickendrawing #chickenillustration #chickenart #chickenbacon #creamychicken #chickensandwich #chickenvideos #chickencartoon #chickennuggets #italianchicken #skilletchicken #mexicanchicken #chickennoodle #pulledchicken #chickenphotography #chickenspinach #chickenwraps #chickenstew #chickenlogo #chickenaproducts
Recipes adapted from : foodnetwork.com
- 1 cup Israeli couscous (pearl)
- 2 ounces crumbled feta
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 large lemon, zested
- 1/3 cup chopped chive
- Salt and pepper
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Frist, Place the olive oil in a large 6-8 quart sauce pot over medium-low heat. Peel the onion. Then quarter it and slice into thin strips. Once the oil is hot, saute the onion and minced garlic for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Add the chicken broth, raw chicken breasts, lemon zest, and crushed red pepper to the pot. Raise the heat to high, cover, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Next, Stir in the couscous, 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper to taste. Simmer another 5 minutes. Then turn the heat off.
- Then, Using tongs, remove the two chicken breasts from the pot. Use a fork and the tongs to shred the chicken. Then place it back in the pot. Stir in the crumbled feta cheese and chopped chive. Taste and salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm.
- Enjoy It !