Easy Sugar Cookies
I would like to spare some people the trouble of figuring out why these cookies didn't come out right. I read some reviews before I started and some people mentioned that there cookies were hard and the batter was crumbly. I can tell you why. MAKE SURE THE BUTTER IS COMPLETELY SOFTENED. I made 2 batches of cookies for a bake sale. When I started I thought my butter was soft (and it was). The mix became hard and brittle. The cookies after they cooled were hard. I was disappointed but had to make another batch as I promised. When I made the second batch the butter had been sitting the whole time and was super soft. The texture of that batter was completely different and those cookies were soft even after they had cooled.
Easy Sugar Cookies | chocolatechip Cookies, peanut butter Cookies, easy Cookies, fall Cookies, Christmas Cookies, snickerdoodle Cookies, nobake Cookies, monster Cookies, oatmeal Cookies, sugar Cookies, Cookies recipes, m&m Cookies, cakemix Cookies, pumpkin Cookies, cowboy Cookies, lemon Cookies, brownie Cookies, shortbread Cookies, healthy Cookies, thumbprint Cookies, best Cookies, holiday Cookies, Cookies decorated, molasses Cookies, funfetti Cookies, pudding Cookies, smores Cookies, crinkle Cookies, glutenfree Cookies, cream cheese Cookies, redvelvet Cookies, coconut Cookies, vegan Cookies, gingerbreadCookies, almondCookies, #Cookiesdrawing #easterCookies #Cookiesachocolatechips #Cookiesaroyalicing #Cookiesbchocolatechips #Cookiesbpeanutbutter #Cookiesbroyalicing #Cookiescchocolatechips #Cookiesdchocolatechips #Cookiesdpeanutbutter #Cookiesgglutenfree #Cookiesgchocolatechips #Cookiesichocolatechips #Cookiesibaking #Cookieskchocolatechips #Cookieskpeanutbutter #Cookieslchocolatechips #Cookiesmchocolatechips #Cookiesmpeanutbutter #Cookiesmglutenfree
Recipes adapted from : https://www.mutherfudger.co.uk/recipe/basic-sugar-cookie/
- 1 cup butter, softened1
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Frist, Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside. Watch Now
- Next, In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets. Watch Now
- Then, Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- Enjoy It !