EASY ITALIAN BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE
I used bone in chicken thighs it took longer but delicious. I also used a 15 can of diced tomatoes because I didn’t have fresh tomatoes. Thank you so much for this recipe it was so good
EASY ITALIAN BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE | chickenanimalhoneygarlicchicken, greekchicken, chickenstirfry, roastedchicken, chickenbackyard, chickencurry, chickentetrazzini, tuscanchicken, chickencordonbleu, balsamicchicken, pestochicken, breadedchicken, sheetpanchicken, ketochicken, chickenstrips, chickendrumsticks, chickenbroccoli, chickenmushroom, chickenbreastrecipes, chickendrawing, chickenillustration, chickenart, chickenbacon, creamychicken, chickensandwich, chickenvideos, chickencartoon, chickennuggets, italianchicken, skilletchicken, mexicanchicken, chickennoodle, pulledchicken, chickenphotography, chickenspinach, chickenwraps, chickenstew, chickenlogo, chickenaproducts, chickenalaking, chickenacomfortfoods, chickenarice, chickenameals, chickenalowcarb, chickenaglutenfree, chickenarecipe, chickenadishes, chickenahealthy #buffalochicken #chickencoop #chickenanimal #honeygarlicchicken #greekchicken #chickenstirfry #roastedchicken #chickenbackyard #chickencurry #chickentetrazzini #tuscanchicken #chickencordonbleu #balsamicchicken #pestochicken #breadedchicken #sheetpanchicken #ketochicken #chickenstrips #chickendrumsticks #chickenbroccoli #chickenmushroom #chickenbreastrecipes #chickendrawing #chickenillustration #chickenart #chickenbacon #creamychicken #chickensandwich #chickenvideos #chickencartoon #chickennuggets #italianchicken #skilletchicken #mexicanchicken #chickennoodle #pulledchicken #chickenphotography #chickenspinach #chickenwraps #chickenstew #chickenlogo #chickenaproducts
Recipes adapted from : tasteofhome.com
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 5 to 6 Campari tomatoes (or small Roma tomatoes), halved
- Handful chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp/ 44.4 ml Extra virgin olive oil (I used this one)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 lb/907.185 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tsp/3.6 g dry oregano
- 1 tsp/ 2.1 g Sweet paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (from 2 springs of thyme)
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Frist, Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pat chicken dry. Place a chicken breast in a large zip-top bag and zip the top (make sure to release any air in the bag first), then place it on your poultry cutting board. Using a meat mallet like this one, pound to flatten the chicken.
- Then, Remove from zip-top bag and reuse bag and mallet to repeat the process with the remaining chicken breast pieces.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place in a large mixing bowl or dish. Add spices, minced garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon juice. Combine to make sure the chicken is evenly coated with the spices and garlic.
- Next, In a large lightly oiled baking dish or pan, spread onion slices on the bottom.
- Arrange seasoned chicken on top, and add the tomatoes.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 10 minutes covered, then uncover and bake another 8 to 10 minutes or so. Watch carefully. This can take less or more time depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts. To be sure chicken is cooked through, use a instant digital Cooking or Meat Thermometer for the proper temperature of 165 degrees F.)
- Remove from heat. Let chicken breasts rest (cover with foil or another pan) for 5 to 10 minutes or so before serving. Uncover and garnish with fresh parsley and basil.