CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN
This looks soooo good! I’m allergic to avocado (so sad!) but I could substitute. Perfect for a summer night
CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN | chickenrecipes, bakedchicken, chickenthighs, butterchicken, crockpotchicken, chickenhealthy, chickenenchiladas, chickenparmesan, chickencasserole, chickenandrice, chickenpasta, chickeneasy, chickendinner, orangechicken, chickenpiccata, chickenmarsala, chickenmarinade, chickenspaghetti, lemonchicken, teriyakichicken, chickenpotpie, chickenfajitas, ranchchicken, chickenalfredo, friedchicken, chickentenders, chickensalad, chickentacos, shreddedchicken, slowcookerchicken, bbqchicken, grilledchicken, chickenwings, chickensoup, stuffedchicken, chickenchili, wholechicken, buffalochicken, chickencoop #chickenalaking #chickenacomfortfoods #chickenarice #chickenameals #chickenalowcarb #chickenaglutenfree #chickenarecipe #chickenadishes #chickenahealthy #chickenaeasydinners #chickenaovens #chickenacooking #chickenafamilies #chickenasoysauce #chickenbcrockpot #chickenbeasyrecipes #chickenbdinners #chickenbbbqsauces #chickenblowcarb #chickenbfamilies #chickenccrockpot #chickencoliveoils #chickenclowcarb #chickencglutenfree #chickencdinners #chickencfamilies #chickencstirfry #chickencrecipesfor #chickencgreekyogurt #chickencsourcream #chickencmeals #chickencgreenonions #chickenccomfortfoods #chickencproducts #chickenchotsauces #chickencovens #chickenchealthy #chickencbreadcrumbs #chickencredpeppers #chickencwhitewines #chickencsimple #chickencveggies
Recipes adapted from : foodiecrush.com
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno, optional
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 ripe mango
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- Optional: cilantro-lime rice or quinoa (see recipe notes)
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, separated
- 1/2 cup + 1 teaspoon olive oil, separated
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro, separated
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons lime zest, separated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon cumin, separated
- 1 and 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (can also use thighs)
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice, separated
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- First: Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients: 3/4 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/3 cup lime juice, 1 teaspoon lime zest, honey, 1 teaspoon cumin, soy sauce, garlic, and 1/4 cup cilantro in a medium-sized bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste (I use about 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper). Remove about 1/2 cup of marinade, and pour the rest into a large resealable bag.
- Then, Trim the chicken of fat. Pound the breasts to even thickness or slice in half to get evenly sized breasts and place in the bag with the rest of the marinade. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes making sure to flip the bag halfway through the time it is in the fridge. I recommend marinating for 2-8 hours.
- COOK CHICKEN: The instructions below are to grill the chicken. To see other methods of cooking chicken, read right above this recipe card. Lightly oil the grill grate or grill ridges on a grill pan or add 1 tablespoon oil to a skillet and then place the marinated chicken on the grill. Discard leftover marinade.
- Grill for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and internal temperature is at 165 degrees F. Flip the chicken halfway and brush it generously with the reserved 1/2 cup marinade.
- Next, MANGO SALSA: Take the remaining 1 tablespoon orange juice, remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, remaining lime zest, and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and toss together.
- (OPTIONAL: When grilling the chicken, also grill the mango. Brush with oil and grill on one side for about 4-5 minutes at medium-high heat.)
- Next, Chop the mango and avocado into small bite-sized pieces. Add to the salsa along with the finely chopped red onion, red pepper, and jalapeno. Season the salsa to taste with pepper, salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin. Toss together.
- ASSEMBLY: Serve grilled chicken over a bed of cilantro lime rice or quinoa (if desired -- see recipe notes) and add spoonfuls of the salsa to top.
- Enjoy immediately!