CHICKEN QUESADILLA SOUP
QUESADILLA SOUP | chocolatechip Cookies, peanut butter Cookies, easy Cookies, fall Cookies, Christmas Cookies, snickerdoodle Cookies, nobake Cookies, monster Cookies, oatmeal Cookies, sugar Cookies, Cookies recipes, m&m Cookies, cakemix Cookies, pumpkin Cookies, cowboy Cookies, lemon Cookies, brownie Cookies, shortbread Cookies, healthy Cookies, thumbprint Cookies, best Cookies, holiday Cookies, Cookies decorated, molasses Cookies, funfetti Cookies, pudding Cookies, smores Cookies, crinkle Cookies, glutenfree Cookies, cream cheese Cookies, redvelvet Cookies, coconut Cookies, vegan Cookies, gingerbreadCookies, almondCookies, #Cookiesdrawing #easterCookies #Cookiesachocolatechips #Cookiesaroyalicing #Cookiesbchocolatechips #Cookiesbpeanutbutter #Cookiesbroyalicing #Cookiescchocolatechips #Cookiesdchocolatechips #Cookiesdpeanutbutter #Cookiesgglutenfree #Cookiesgchocolatechips #Cookiesichocolatechips #Cookiesibaking #Cookieskchocolatechips #Cookieskpeanutbutter #Cookieslchocolatechips #Cookiesmchocolatechips #Cookiesmpeanutbutter #Cookiesmglutenfree
CHICKEN QUESADILLA SOUP
This sounds fantastic, especially for the upcoming chilly months! I like how you covered all the bases by adding in the essential quesadilla items and turning it into a delicious soup. Quesadillas might be their own sub-section in my personal food pyramid, so this seems like it’s right up my alley!
Recipes adapted from :
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts ~2-3 large breasts
- 1 cup chicken stock or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (8 ounces) full fat cream cheese, very softened
- 2 cans (15 ounces EACH) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (10 ounces) red enchilada sauce 10 ounces red enchilada sauce*
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) southwestern corn (or regular sweet corn, or fire-roasted corn)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Toppings: sour cream (we use fat free), Colby Jack cheese, avocado, fresh lime, green onions or cilantro, and tortilla strips (as an alternate to the grilled cheese)
- 4-6 flour tortillas
- 1 and 1/2 cups Colby Jack cheese
- Frist In a large crockpot (I use a 6 quart crockpot), add in the diced green pepper, diced onion, uncooked chicken breasts, enchilada sauce, undrained tomatoes, drained and rinsed black beans, undrained corn, chicken stock or broth, and minced garlic.
- Then Add in all of the seasonings: the cumin, paprika, seasoned salt, pepper, and chili powder. Stir well and cover the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 3-5 hours (or until chicken will easily shred) or low for 5-8 hours (again, until chicken will shred easily)
- Then Remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred in another bowl using two forks.
- Meanwhile, cube the cream cheese into small cubes (it should be very softened -- melt in microwave) and put them in the crockpot.
- Stir well and cover. Change temperature to high. Let it sit for a few minutes and then using a large whisk, briskly whisk the cream cheese to melt.
- Then Add the shredded chicken back into the crockpot. Stir and cover. Cook on high until all the cream cheese is completely melted. Whisk once more.
- Meanwhile, make the quesadillas. Warm a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Lay one tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle all over with 1/2 cup of cheese. Once the cheese starts to melt, lift a corner of the tortilla and check the underside. When the cheese is all melted and you see golden-brown spots on the underside of the tortilla, fold the quesadilla over in half and remove to the cutting board (I do cook these to very crisp since they'll be in soup/dipped in soup). Repeat until all the quesadillas are made. Cut into large quarters or smaller croutons. Serve hot with the soup!
- Serve the soup bowls with sour cream, colby jack cheese, avocado, fresh lime, cilantro/green onions as desired.
- If you only do one topping, to me, the cheese is a MUST! If you don't serve with the quesadillas, add some tortilla strips to the top 🙂
- Enjoy immediately.