Chewy Sugar Cookies
Thank you for the recipe! I made these with my daughter for my niece as a “get better soon” snack after breaking her arm. She loved them! We substituted almond extract with cherry, added pink food coloring and pink sprinkles as well!
Chewy Sugar Cookies | chocolatechip Cookies, peanut butter Cookies, easy Cookies, fall Cookies, Christmas Cookies, snickerdoodle Cookies, nobake Cookies, monster Cookies, oatmeal Cookies, sugar Cookies, Cookies recipes, m&m Cookies, cakemix Cookies, pumpkin Cookies, cowboy Cookies, lemon Cookies, brownie Cookies, shortbread Cookies, healthy Cookies, thumbprint Cookies, best Cookies, holiday Cookies, Cookies decorated, molasses Cookies, funfetti Cookies, pudding Cookies, smores Cookies, crinkle Cookies, glutenfree Cookies, cream cheese Cookies, redvelvet Cookies, coconut Cookies, vegan Cookies, gingerbreadCookies, almondCookies, #Cookiesdrawing #easterCookies #Cookiesachocolatechips #Cookiesaroyalicing #Cookiesbchocolatechips #Cookiesbpeanutbutter #Cookiesbroyalicing #Cookiescchocolatechips #Cookiesdchocolatechips #Cookiesdpeanutbutter #Cookiesgglutenfree #Cookiesgchocolatechips #Cookiesichocolatechips #Cookiesibaking #Cookieskchocolatechips #Cookieskpeanutbutter #Cookieslchocolatechips #Cookiesmchocolatechips #Cookiesmpeanutbutter #Cookiesmglutenfree
Recipes adapted from : http://itsybitsyfoodies.com/chewy-sugar-cookies/
- 1/2 tsp almond extract,optional, but it adds an extra layer of flavor
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Chewy Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for dipping
- Frist, Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or coat with baking spray).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract; beat until combined.
- Then, Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl every now and again.
- Next, Roll dough into 1" balls, and roll in sugar.
- Place on baking sheet, about 2" apart. Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until cookies have set.
- Allow to cool.
- Feel free to frost them or cover them with a glaze, if desired.