BEST CHICKEN SOUP (CREAMY CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE)
Made this soup tonight and it was so good! We loved it! I added cubes of yukon gold potatoes and used parmesan instead of gruyere (to save myself a trip to the store!). It definitely made the keep recipe file, which is hard to do. :-) Look forward to making more of your recipes!
BEST CHICKEN SOUP (CREAMY CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE) | chicken animal honey garlic chicken, greek chicken, chicken stirfry, roasted chicken, chicken backyard, chicken curry, chicken tetrazzini, Tuscan chicken, chicken cordonbleu, balsamic chicken, pesto chicken, breaded chicken, sheet pan chicken, keto chicken, chicken strips, chicken drumsticks, chicken broccoli, chicken mushroom, chicken breast recipes, chicken drawing, chicken illustration, chicken art, chicken bacon, creamy chicken, chicken sandwich, chicken videos, chicken cartoon, chicken nuggets, Italian chicken, skillet chicken, Mexican chicken, chicken noodle, pulled chicken, chicken photography, chickenspinach, chickenwraps, chickenstew, chickenlogo, chicken aproducts, chicken alaking, chicken acomfort foods, chicken arice, chicken ameals, chicken alowcarb, chicken agluten free, chickenarecipe, chickenadishes, chickenahealthy #buffalochicken #chickencoop #chickenanimal #honeygarlicchicken #greekchicken #chickenstirfry #roastedchicken #chickenbackyard #chickencurry #chickentetrazzini #tuscanchicken #chickencordonbleu #balsamicchicken #pestochicken #breadedchicken #sheetpanchicken #ketochicken #chickenstrips #chickendrumsticks #chickenbroccoli #chickenmushroom #chickenbreastrecipes #chickendrawing #chickenillustration #chickenart #chickenbacon #creamychicken #chickensandwich #chickenvideos #chickencartoon #chickennuggets #italianchicken #skilletchicken #mexicanchicken #chickennoodle #pulledchicken #chickenphotography #chickenspinach #chickenwraps #chickenstew #chickenlogo #chickenaproducts
Recipes adapted from : thecookierookie.com
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 3 cups whole wheat rotini or other short pasta
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups diced chicken
- 5 medium carrots peeled and diced
- Frist, I like to prepare the carrots through parsley the night before and place them in a large freezer bag in the fridge. Then all I have to do the next morning is dump them in and add the broth.
- Add broth, carrots, onion, celery, chicken, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. Cook 7-8 hours on low, until vegetables are tender.
- Then, Turn slow cooker to high. Add rotini or other pasta, and cook 8-10 minutes until nearly tender.
- Next, Whisk together milk and flour (make sure all the flour is absorbed -- you don't want lumps!). Stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook about 10 minutes until thickened. Stir. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- If necessary, combine another 1 cup of milk and ¼ cup of flour and stir into soup if you haven't yet reached the desired thickness. Soup will continue to thicken for another 10-15 minutes after you add the milk mixture.
- Enjoy It !