Baked Crack Chicken Breasts
I have to try this on the next cooler day 🙂 Now that the warm weather has finally made it’s way to NJ, I won’t have the oven on as much. But I think I would use my cast iron pan because I can fry the bacon, then do the chicken in the pan and just put the pan in the oven.
Baked Crack Chicken Breasts | chicken aeasy dinners, chicken ovens chicken cooking, chicken families, chicken soysauce, chicken crockpot, chicken easy recipes, chicken dinners, chicken sauces, chicken lowcarb, chicken families, chicken crockpot, chicken olive oils, chicken lowcarb, chicken glutenfree, chicken dinners, chicken families, chicken stirfry, chicken recipesfor, chicken greek yogurt, chicken sour cream, chicken meals, chicken green onions, chicken comfort foods, chicken products, chicken hot sauces, chicken ovens, chicken healthy, chicken bread crumbs, chicken red peppers, chicken white wines, chicken simple, chicken veggies, chicken blackbeans, chicken garlic, chicken brown rice, chicken low carb, chicken crock pot, chicken easy recipes, chicken gluten free, chicken dinners, chicken soy sauce, chicken week night meals, chicken crock pot, chicken low car #chickenrecipes #bakedchicken #chickenthighs #butterchicken #crockpotchicken #chickenhealthy #chickenenchiladas #chickenparmesan #chickencasserole #chickenandrice #chickenpasta #chickeneasy #chickendinner #orangechicken #chickenpiccata #chickenmarsala #chickenmarinade #chickenspaghetti #lemonchicken #teriyakichicken #chickenpotpie #chickenfajitas #ranchchicken #chickenalfredo #friedchicken #chickentenders #chickensalad #chickentacos #shreddedchicken #slowcookerchicken #bbqchicken #grilledchicken #chickenwings #chickensoup #stuffedchicken #chickenchili #wholechicken
Baked Crack Chicken Breasts
Recipes adapted from : thedirtygyro.com
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, diced
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 4 (1-pound, total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- chopped fresh parsley
- sliced green scallions
FOR THE RANCH CREAM CHEESE
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, white or yellow - I use a little of both
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 4- ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- First, Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in diced bacon; cook until crispy.
- Next, Remove bacon from skillet and set aside. DON'T discard bacon fat. And Return skillet to heat and add vegetable oil to the remaining bacon fat.
- Pound chicken breasts to a 1/4-inch thickness and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Add chicken breasts to the hot oil - you may have to do this in batches if skillet isn't big enough - and cook chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Flip over the chicken breasts, add butter, and continue to cook for 3 more minutes. Then, Remove chicken breasts from skillet and arrange in previously prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, and chives; mix until thoroughly combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. *You can also just stir in 1 tablespoon of store-bought ranch seasoning.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Spread to coat the surface of each chicken breast.
- Take half of the bacon and add on top of the cream cheese. And Sprinkle shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with remaining bacon, fresh parsley, and scallions. Serve.