3-INGREDIENT BUTTERY SHORTBREAD COOKIES
3-INGREDIENT BUTTERY SHORTBREAD COOKIES | cookies, cookies recipes, cookies recipes easy, cookies and cream cake, cookies and cream cookies, cookies recipes easy, cookies recipes chocolate chip, cookies recipes easy 2 ingredients, cookies recipes easy chocolate chip, cookies recipes easy quick, #Cookiesdrawing #easterCookies #Cookieschocolatechips #Cookiesroyalicing #Cookieschocolatechips #Cookiespeanutbutter #Cookiesroyalicing #Cookieschocolatechips #Cookieschocolatechips #Cookiespeanutbutter
Recipes adapted from : thecomfortofcooking.com
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups salted butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- Optional: Your favorite sprinkles
- Frist Preheat oven to 325F, with rack on lower middle position. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats; set aside.
- Then In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and brown sugar. Using paddle attachment on medium-high speed, mix until fluffy and light, several minutes. Add only 3 1/2 cups of the flour and mix on medium-low speed until combined.
- On a large board, sprinkle 1/2 cup flour to keep dough from sticking to the board. Use rubber spatula to transfer dough to the board.
- Knead dough by hand for 5 minutes, adding only as much of the remaining 1/2 cup flour as needed to make a soft dough, while continuing to knead by hand. The dough should end up soft and pliable, similar to play-dough, not sticky. Work in desired amount of sprinkles, if using. (Important Note: You may not end up using all the flour, depending on how your dough feels; it’s important to stop adding flour as soon as your dough feels like soft play dough.)
- Then Divide dough into thirds, wrap tightly, and chill for at least 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll and cut shapes.
- Roll one-third of the dough out to about 1/2 inch thickness (lightly flour board if needed.) Either cut into 3×1 rectangular strips, triangles, or use cookie cutter for shapes. Place each cookie 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Poke cookies with fork to design if not using sprinkles.
- Then Bake 15-20 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. If your shapes are smaller, bake less time. Bake longer for bigger shapes.
- Then Repeat with the remaining dough, working in batches so dough stays chilled and workable.
- Cool completely on wire rack before serving. Cookies keep very when sealed airtight, at room temp.
- Enjoy It !